Thursday, December 01, 2005

I survived - I'm not dying

This past Sunday Jonathan walked into my bedroom, looked at me and proclaimed, "Mom, dad is dying!" I was deathly ill. I think for the first time I experienced the horrible thing called strep throat. Saturday morning after arriving back from a wonderful week with family and friends in So.Cal. I woke up with pain in my neck, throat and head. I survived being out of bed until about 10am and then laid and writhed in pain in bed until about 5pm. What a day; a day planned for hanging up Christmas lights and decoration but ended up in bed.

Sunday morning Christine told me I must see a Dr. if it was the same. Well it was worse. I thought I was going to die, so maybe Jonathan was right. Finally after our wonderful family Dr. responded on call from Church and called in my meds and sent me to the lab (yes I had strep) I was beginning to be healed. That day I made it out of bed around 4pm. The saddest part of Sunday was it was Benjamin's 5th birthday. He was extremely gracious and we're having another party on Saturday. I finally made it back to work on Tues, battling lingering affects of a damaged throat. What a journey.

In all of it Christine was the wonderful, gracious, serving wife. Wow, she made the house run, took care of a 230 lb. whining husband. And at this point the Lord spared the rest of the family from the pain.

Monday afternoon after no longer being contagious I played with Isa. She makes my world turn upside down. I was playing ball with her on the hardwood floors (I'm still learning how to play with a girl) and then started reading a book while laying on my stomach. She would crawl over my arms and then sit right in front of my head and lean back and look at me with a smile. I'm toast. She has got me all wrapped up. I never never knew how much a little girl would change my world.

So, I'm not dying. Good news for me and hopefully a handful of others. I'm loving this week, ministry, staff, students, and about to get home and pull out the Christmas stuff and enjoy the family.

No comments: