Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This describes my heart a bit

The past few years I have tried to nail down who am I and what do I like doing. Having great team members and friends in our lives has helped confirm and validate some of our feelings and stirrings God has been tossing around inside our hearts and minds as of late. Also, moving to Greeley, CO, having some serious rest and process time and meeting new friends have shown us what we really want to do in the future. We're just not sure when; waiting on the Lord.....

One of my new great friends and neighbors is Billy Williams. He is a non-college graduate, super successful entrepreneurial businessmen. Maybe someday in the future I'll go to work for him. We talk often about business, leadership, start ups, church planting, our brokenness and the Gospel. It has been a source of life to have him in my life.

A post from Glenn Smith at New Church Initiatives caught my eye today on what goes on inside of me. Talking to Billy has also surfaced similar issues and passions in my life that he has being a entrepreneurial businessmen.

"Entrepreneurs are very interesting people. I work with entrepreneurs in both the vocational ministry world and the business world. I love them. It is true that most people perceive entrepreneurs to be "risk-takers" but I've learned that most entrepreneurs are also thoughtful planners!"

Read the whole short article at ENTREPRENEURS AND FEAR

Categories: , , , ,

1 comment:

Jaeson Ma said...

steve,

you have been on my heart bro, congrats on the new baby! keep me posted lets catch up sometime, I am praying for you, the family and all that God is doing in and through you. I got the same email and digits bro. Let me know if you ever need anything!

Blessings,
Jaeson Ma