Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm not sure I have it but I want it

I was tinking around on the internet and I found this article on Apostolic Passion by Floyd McClung from 1999. Man, what a challenge. When I read it I find myself wanting this passion but at the same time wanting my comforts. I am challenged and drawn to it. Mostly I want the Lord to renew my heart and give me this holy passion.

"I know when apostolic passion has died in my heart. It happens when I don't spend my quiet time dreaming of the time when Jesus will be worshiped in languages that aren't yet heard in heaven. I know it's missing from my life when I sing about heaven, but live as if earth is my home. Apostolic passion is dead in my heart when I dream more about sports, toys, places to go and people to see, than I do about the nations worshiping Jesus."

Where are you living? In Apostolic Passion? Maybe you're like me, wanting more out of life and ministry. Let's go for it.

Categories: , ,

No comments: