Thursday, November 16, 2006

Great Insights from Friends a far

This past Sunday, Don Wilcox, with Leadership Network, and good friend stopped in town. He was on his way to facilitate some meetings in Puebla with Campus Crusade and many other ministries, some of the same guys I met on Tues at Hotel Via Veneto. I first met Don about 13 years ago when Christine and I came on staff with CCC in Boulder. He was one of my regional directors in charge of our World-wide student network (WSN). Don was super instrumental in my growth and development those first years of staff. He had trust and faith in Christine and I in leading international trips to Chile and Spain. I worked along side of him for a couple of years helping with some administrative deals within WSN. I love his heart, ability to listen, coach and give great insights.

About 3-4 years ago Don came up with many of the dreams and visions of reaching Mexico City. He took first took students down to Mexico City in the early 90's and learned a bunch. Since then he led our ministry to deal with some of the major cities of the world. He was the creator and dreamer behind the early days of Enfoque Mexico (used to be called City Focus). So I can blame him for all my life change and move to Mexico City. What I should say is, I can thank him. About a year ago he left staff and now works with Leadership Network - Encore Generation. He gives leadership in helping churches maximize their influence with the Senior Adult generation. This is an untapped resource to build God's kingdom.

He came with a friend of his Peter, who works with Level 3, located in my backyard of my Colorado home. Monday morning we met Craig and Ryan, a good friend of Craig's from his Nebraska days, at Starbucks to share our ministry and potential problems. Don sees clearly and gave some good advice to help us move ahead with more effectiveness. After Starbucks Craig and I brought Peter, Don and Ryan to our favorite taco stand. These are $1 steak tacos that will knock your socks off in a good way. Ryan stopped at 3 but said he could have gone to 6.

Ryan also shared some excellent insights into teams, systems and just helped us make some good outside observations of our ministry and teams. Ryan works in Newport Beach, CA and is also part of the leadership of CBMC. Yesterday Ryan contacted the local Mexico City director of CBMC and Craig and Ryan are meeting with them as I write. Our prayer and desire is that businessmen will see the need to adopt a local university, pray for it, help raise up student leaders and use their place of business for a spiritual movement led by students.

We know that so much is going on in our new venture of Enfoque Mexico and it is going on quickly. This is why we cherish the insights and wisdom of outside observations of pastors, businessmen, leaders, and friends. So if you're needing a stamp in our passport, come on down and spend a day with us.
Categories: , ,

No comments: