Monday, November 06, 2006

Puebla, the Basiles and a great Party


Last week after I arrived home from Colorado the next morning we headed off for a short day adventure to Puebla, a 3 million person town east of Mexico City. The reason is that Tom Basile (Sandy and four boys too) invited us to come and stay with them. We have never met the Basiles but Tom Shirk our pastor in Boulder, CO went to school with them and many others we know know them too. Tom works for New Church Initiatives which helps them plant many churches in a few short years. I heard of Tom's work along with Glenn Smith (director of NCI) at the University of Texas the past few years. They saw some great things happen in planting spiritual movements all by students and saw great convert growth as well. In summary, I was looking forward to meeting Tom and his family.

The super added bonus was that one of Tom's friends, Klaus, an Austrian living in Mexico and not a believer yet, was having a huge birthday party (his daughter) and a Halloween party on his ranch/compound. I was almost ready to say we weren't going to go because I was so tired from my CO trip. Boy, would I have missed something special. Food, music, climbing walls, blow up toys, bungee cord jumping, games, horses and more food. You can see from the picture that this was a huge, massive place. Not only would I have missed it but my boys would have missed making new friends and enjoying all the activities.

We just loved meeting the Basile's and hearing about their ministry and experience. They're doing the deed. More to come from the Basiles as I hope to travel to Houston with Tom to be part of a one day training on how to franchise ministries and businesses.

Categories: , , ,

No comments: