Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Practical Atheism


I have heard this term, Practical Atheism, in an article written by Craig Groeschel, often and relate to it, sadly, more than I want. I too am a current/recovering Practical Atheist. My biggest prayer now is that I have my one thing:


One thing I have asked of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life; to behold the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple. Ps 27:4

This is very difficult and often times I feel like, as I'm waiting on the Lord to do only what He can do and should do, I am a lazy Christian leader. Ouch. It took some serious pain, brokenness and time to reflect on my disease. Now I'm praying to God for a healing from this disease. He is the only one who can fix this. Maybe you're infected too.



Categories: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, great to run into you last night. I love your message of dwelling in God's presence. I had to wrestle with this, with Paul, in the scriptures, around themes of fullness and fulfillment, and an open future. See http://www.jaygary.com/wwpauldo.shtml