Saturday, October 06, 2007

Samson and the Pirate Monks


A few months ago a good friend of mine, Kirk Adkinson of All Souls Church in Boulder, CO recommended that I go out and get Samson and the Pirate Monks. It took me awhile to have my library order/buy it for me because I kept forgetting the goofy title. If you read it you'll understand the title. But about 4 weeks ago I received one of my favorite phone calls, 2nd to the phone calls I receive from Christine, from my Weld Country Library. My book was in. They bought me a brand new copy to be finding its home forever in Farr Library; good tax money being spent.



The complete title is Samson and the Pirate Monks: calling men to authentic brotherhood by Nate Larkin. At the end of chapter 1, I was saying, "No way!" I was blown away by the realness, authenticity and candor of N. Larkin. I was hooked and ready to listen, learn and be changed.
If you're a man, then read it. No questions. Read this with a good buddy. Open your heart to the desire to be changed, transformed and to continue a journey of meeting with Jesus in a powerful community of men. This aint 'bout accountability, men's groups, rah rah tool time. Nate and his group of Pirate Monks paint a picture about real walking with Jesus that does change and transform your life.
This is one of the few books I didn't write down quotes. Sorry. I have photo copied stories because I don't want to miss the lessons and stories told.
I'm encouraging some of my friends to read this and prayerfully God will lead us to start a similar Samson Society. Go and get it.

No comments: