Thursday, December 06, 2007

Malignant Melanoma

Last night my Dr. called Christine and told her that my biopsy from a mole this previous week came back positive for malignant melanoma. As you can imagine I have been in shock all day long. The pathology reported at first said that the surrounding tissue was clear and that the cancer hasn't entered the dermis tissue. That is good. My biopsy was sent today to the leading skin cancer Dr. who happens to be in Denver. The next stage is to follow his advice. If the cancer cells have entered deeper tissue then we'll cut out more skin. At that point we'll go through CT scans, bone scans, etc. The best case is that it was localized and we caught it early.


It has been an up and down emotional day and week. Rich Lotterhos a fellow member, director of Global Service Associates and dear friend called just to see how I was doing. I shared all of it. The hope for the future, tension and anxiety of transitioning to a new ministry and now this news of cancer. Immediately he reminded me that Satan wants to take Christine and I out. I know and believe God has a plan but I am sure tired of Satan's attacks.

We know God has been with us all along. If we were still living in Mexico City I would have not had a physical. And because of our leaving Campus Crusade I wanted to use our remaining health care wellness before Dec 31st, therefore my physical.

Pray for us. Pray for complete healing and that the biopsy this past week cut away all the cancer cells. Pray for us emotionally and physically. We are spent. Pray for us spiritually. We are crying out to the Lord for help. He is the only place we can go.

Thanks!!
Steve
Categories: ,

No comments: