Friday, January 18, 2008

And the Shofar Blew

Okay, I'm finally coming out of the closet. I love Francine Rivers' books. Yes, she is a woman. Yes, she writes Christian fiction. But man she is a prophetic voice we all need in our lives, churches and leadership. Last year I read Redeeming Love and was rocked by God's desire for love. This past month I finished And the Shofar Blew.

I was convicted and my deepest level about my own leadership in the past. I can't give away the story line but I will tell you if you're currently in a ministry, leading a church, building a program you must read this.

Ask the Lord to show you where you are missing His heart for people, your family and Him.

In summary, my review is short. It will make you angry at yourself, the pastor in the book, church but at the same time in love with the work God does in leaders, churches and in your own heart. A must read.

Now I'm going back in the closet and will try to read some more manly non fiction book. :)
Categories: , ,

No comments: