Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Childlike Faith


This past week I was sitting at breakfast with Jonathan and I was talking to him about my trip to Mexico, the city, the people, etc. I threw this question out there to him, "Jonathan, what do you think about moving to Mexico?"

He responded, "I don't want to move to Mexico, I like it here in Colorado." He paused for a moment and then responded sincerely, "But if God says move, then we need to move."

Wow, I was struck by his obedience and bold faith. It is a challenge to believe and live like a child. Simple: Follow God in what he says.

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Mk 10:14-15

No comments: