Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Day of Faith is here and going

Today is the day. For about 5 months now Meredith Phipps, Amy Yablonski (fellow staff members) and I have been praying, dreaming and organizing 2,000 students to be serving, loving, listening and sharing in Denver today!! It is called the Amazing Day of Faith at our annual Denver Christmas Conference. We're asking students to take a small step in trusting God to bless Denver.

This morning at our a main session Bryan Lorrits spoke on God's heart for the poor and what it looks like for a follower of Christ to truly bear fruit. I was broken, convicted and challenged to live my life for others, not me. I am so often worried about my comforts and things and fail to recognize the amazing opportunities to love and serve those around us by meeting their physical needs.

Then the Day of Faith began. From the stage we directed students to get in groups of 5, grab their assigned packet, read, pray and see what God has in store for them today to bless Denver. It brought tears to my eyes to think that 2,000 college students will be roaming the streets of Denver blessing people. All of these arrangements were set up by holy saints who are laboring day and night in the city. They love and hurt for those living here. The students will be painting, cleaning toilets, talking, listening, shoveling, moving, organizing and doing what ever these people want them to do. In a small way we're getting to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Now I'm glued to my cell phone fielding questions and comments that come up through the day. I'm inspired by students faith in God, boldness and flexibility to do what ever the Spirit calls them to do.

I can't wait to hear the stories. I can't wait to see Denver changed over the next 5 years. I can't wait to see God's Kingdom built in Denver.
Categories:

No comments: