Monday, January 16, 2006

Leading Movements

I have been reflecting on my leadership at our CU ministry, our ministry in LB and coming up in Mexico City. Leading others to lead is a much greater task than just leading a bunch of volunteers that like me and do what I tell them to do. Jay Lorenzen makes some great insights on this tension:
"No movement can go forward without leadership. As with most efforts, strong leadership remains the indispensable element to real change. We are there to lead our team into a new future, not simply manage the present. Unless we take the responsibility of leading our teams, our plans and systems will remain merely plans and systems. We'll have only a paper tiger."

I especially like his reflective questions on how a leader is doing. Read the whole thing at Movements and Leadership
Categories: ,

1 comment:

bruce said...

Best thing I've read in a while. A great reminder of what we should be doing as the semester gets rolling.