Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Faith - I can't quite see yet


I was reminded this morning of Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." The reality in our lives now is that we're not sure what the future holds for us. This may be a first in many years. Yes, we moved to Mexico and it may have looked uncertain but we had a general idea of what we were going to do. Now, we know God is leading us, calling us, growing us and pruning us for something but we're just not sure exactly what that. It is a bit more scary than before but at the same time, from what we have learned in our last 8 months being in the presence of God, having only Him as our life source and significance, this journey is exactly where we want to be and need to be.


I at times have fallen in love with the adventure of doing Kingdom work for God, fallen in love with the prestige of doing 'great' things for Him and having a position and influence for Him. What I'm learning, still in process, is that falling in love with Him and having Him be the source of all my significance is all I need. I could have preached and shared with you a thousand times of putting God first and leaning only on Him but when you're brought to the end of yourself and die to self is when you really learn that truth. I'm learning.....


Today I read this from Steve Addison that makes me want to live for Christ, trusting Him, risking for Him, and dying to self and my earthly or religious desires.



People who change the world have a cause that is worth risking everything for.
Their lives become like grains of wheat that fall to the ground and die and in
doing so produce much fruit. They count the cost but consider the rewards worth
the risk. They keep climbing the next mountain and the next. . .


Read the whole thing at : Looking Down From the Mountain
Categories: , ,

No comments: