Monday, September 03, 2007

Broncos - Here He Comes


Most of you have celebrated and will be celebrating the start of college football and the NFL. I smell it in the air in early August and it keeps me awake at night. I also know my addictions are pretty severe so I didn't sign up for the fantasy football leagues my friends have been begging me to be part of.
We here in the Van Diest family are celebrating the start of Young American Football Jonathan style. Jonathan put on him body armor, boiled his mouth piece and banged heads with other 9 year old boys about 2 weeks ago. What a great rite of passage for all young boys. I still remember those days clearly. They were ingrained into my head a bit later as I was 15 years old. I have been helping coach his team and it has been sheer joy to watch him catch on quickly and love the game I so love. He'll be playing tight end and defensive end. His first game is Sept 8 at 11am if you want to drive up to Greeley to catch some real head pounding action.
If I knew how to insert some audio it would be the Monday Night Football song. So just hum it to yourself.
Categories:

1 comment:

Andy McCullough said...

27? That was my number in high school. Hope you and Jonathan enjoy the rite of passage. I will be flying to San Diego on the 8th.