Friday, August 19, 2005

She's got me worked over

Yesterday the last of the 5,000 incoming freshmen students moved into the dorms at CU. Every year our ministry, Fuel, helps students and parents carry boxes, luggage and toys to their small rooms. It was different for me this year.

I caught myself looking at weary fathers, sweating, exhausted and anxious about their little daughters going off to a place like Boulder. Then I looked at their little 18 year old daughters, who look like 25 years old, on cell phones, wearing hardly any clothes and super excited about their college experience. Then I had a panic attack. Isabela and myself in 18 years. Ouch!!

I grabbed Isa when I got home and talked to her about her upcoming experience. I told her to watch out for herself, stay pure, ask Dad for anything, and be a good girl. She smiled, laughed and then stuck her fingers in my mouth. That's probably what I needed the most. Basically, don't worry about it Dad, lets just cuddle, play and laugh. It's pretty amazing what my little princess is doing to me. I like the pull on my heart that she has. Ultimately, I think I'll be okay.

No comments: