Sunday, September 04, 2005

12 Years and Counting

Today is my 12th anniversary. Wow! We have made it this far. I sit here this morning and am so thankful for the past years. I was talking to Christine a couple of nights ago and we were so excited for the next 12 years. It has been a great journey filled with hard work, great challenges, growing love and an amazing family. We can't imagine what growth, adventures, joy, struggles and fun the next will be. Although the next 12 can have all sorts of experiences (good and bad) attached to it, we look forward to moving ahead together.

One thing we have been noticing the past few years is our growing desire and practice to show the other much more grace and forgiveness than the previous 9 years combined. It has been refreshing to know that the one I love, know the best and have been married to loves me, accepts me, and forgives me. In this openess and vulnerability of our weaknesses and fear we have found a great freedom to be who God has made us; with all our mistakes and issues. And at this point we have found our love for each other grow.

It is super fun and refreshing to just be Steve. She loves me, inspires me and encourages me to be a better husband and father. I am super grateful to God for the women he placed in my life 13 years ago.

No comments: