Friday, August 18, 2006

Confessions on Prayer

I have to confess. Prayer is got to be one of the hardest and most inconsistent spiritual disciplines in my life. I know it is the most important aspect needed in my life but I struggle. I have been reading a bit on it, not hard for me, and realized I need help.

If you have any interest in bathing our ministry, family and leadership in prayer read the following and please contact us. We know that unless the Lord builds the house, it's builder's labor is in vain. We don't want to start one bit of our ministry without a solid prayer base, consistent and faithful prayer, in my life and with others.

I read from Glenn Smith's blog New Church Initiatives this:
"When Ken Werlein came to town to start a Methodist church, he did not know anyone.
He simply began to pray and talk to people. As he prayed, God connected him with the
right folks. Before long he began a Bible study in his apartment. They prayed for God's
intervention and experienced it. They prayed for conversions and saw them. They
prayed for healings and witnessed miracles. They prayed for land and God exceeded
their expectations. They continue to pray and God continues to do amazing things."


Glenn also posted 5 short articles you should read.

  1. Essential in Church Planting: Vital place of prayer
  2. Essential in Church Planting: The Importance of Intercessory Prayer
  3. Essential in Church Planting: Intercession for Yourself and Other Christian Leaders
  4. Essential in Church Planting: Selecting the Right Personal Intercessors
  5. Essential in Church Planting: A Prayer Ministry in your New Church

We need your help. We need the Spirit to move. We need the Lord to protect us, guide us, speak to us and heal this city. We can't do anything alone.

thanks for praying.

Categories: , ,

No comments: