Friday, August 11, 2006

Lessons about spirituality

This morning, after receiving internet yesterday, I read an article by Floyd McClung, who used to work with YWAM, challenged me in the area of Spirituality. I think I used to find myself an expert of this. Oops, I'm back to trusting Jesus to grow me again.

Here is a snippet of his post:

Try these on for size and see how they fit:

  • Trust really trust God- "There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish...."
  • Jesus - "Living is for Christ, and dying is even better...."
  • Grow relationally - "Be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage...."
  • Let go of the little things - "Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant-dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ 9 and be embraced by him."
  • Laugh a lot - "Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him!"

What does it mean to you to be spiritual? I encourage you to share your ideas with another follower of Jesus, or better yet, with someone who doesn't follow Jesus.

Blessings,
Floyd

You can read the whole post at Spirituality
Categories: ,

No comments: