Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We Arrived Today!!

I can't believe about 11 months ago my friend and regional director, Ken Miller, asked me to join him on a trip to Mexico City to talk about a new strategy to reach the whole city. He wanted me to come to share some thoughts and also, maybe, consider leading some sort of team here. I thought he was nuts to the leading this outreach but the ticket was free, so I took him up. Now 11 months later I arrived in Mexico City with my family. Wow. God is good and has done a ton in my life, our family and we are learning a ton still today. I'm excited to be here and see what God has in store for us and mostly for what He has in store for the city. Ultimately I pray that God's Kingdom and glory is exalted, not us.

Our flight from Dallas, Tx left without a glitch and we arrived about an hour before my sister, Sarah, arrived in Mexico City. She is joining us for 7 days here to help with the kids. We grabbed a suburban taxi and arrived at a temporary hotel/suites. Then immediately I ran to the local pharmacy to buy some food. Yes, pharmacy and little food items. Then when I arrived back at the hotel our friend Irma pulled up. She was taking us to our house.

Dr. Mario, our landlord and owner of our house, was waiting for us to show us all the keys, turn offs for water and electric and some other nuts and bolts of our new house on Bosque de Periban 7. We spent very little time there and hurried off to where our Honda Odyssey is parked. We grabbed it and came back to the hotel, where the kids and my sister had been hanging.

Wow. It is for real. Not totally yet because our shipment hasn't cleared customs so we're at least 3 days out from receiving our things. Tomorrow we're buying a fridge, washer, dryer, micro, vacuum, cell phones and clean the house a bit.

We're hoping all goes smoothly and praying that we walk by faith each day.

Thanks for joining us in this adventure.
Categories: , , ,

4 comments:

Jessica Bott said...

Hey Guys! I'm so glad you made it there safely. I am praying for your stuff to clear customs and that this, the early part of the transition goes smoothly. Take good care!!

Kevin Dennis said...

So exciting to hear that you have arrived and life there is beginning! It must be pretty exciting and strange to have the whole family there now. Praying for all of you and looking forward to hearing what God is doing.

I write this from your old desk at the Fuel House. It's crazy to think as you begin a whole new chapter, I sit here beginning one too. It's amazing how all our lives innertwine together in God's amazing plan.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,

Great to have talked to you on the phone. We are so glad all seems to have gone so smoothly (with the exception of the moving van) for you so far. What a answer to prayer. God just doesn't want us to become to comfortable so he put a little road block in the way to keep us on our knees and test our faith. We can't wait to be updated on your new adventure. Love you guys! Dad and Mom

erinn::haley said...

has your stuff arrived yet? praying for you guys.