Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ability to make changes

Yesterday I was talking to a good friend, Joe Linstedt. He is the CCC director at CSU in Fort Collins. I love my conversations with Joe and I love watching his life, family, marriage and leadership. A man you'll want to spend time with. Like Joe, the other Colorado directors, Christian, Eric, and Kevin have all made changes to their ministry these past couple of years and I'm encouraged by what they are learning, how they are going about it (all different) and the success they are seeing. They are all up at the Rocky Mountain Getaway fall conference in Keystone, CO. This weekend would have made my 13th RMGA. Oh I miss them and the experience.

We were talking about some of the changes and how it is easier for me here because we don't have a history in our ministry to have to navigate that change. We can just start from scratch here in Mexico City and go for it. Yes, there are hundreds of years of Catholic and Protestant history and even about 40 years of CCC history but in all reality on the 400 campuses here, there is not much going on. We get to start from scratch and create exactly what we want with no baggage. I'm thankful because I'm not the best one to shepherd those through change. Joe and others have great skill in helping others be cared for, loved and listened to. The Colorado movements of Crusade will be charting a great future for CCC.

This morning I was reading the Get Off That Horse post by Steve Addison and Get Off That Dead Horse by Sam Metcalf and they reminded me that I love change. I love getting off the pre-dead horse as it is slowing down, even if it isn't dead yet. Yes, I miss elements of my life, ministry and responsibilities in Colorado but I love the fact that we made huge changes in our leadership, ministry and life. There have been challenges and now I must learn to stay on track with the simple plan that we have.

The key element for me here is to learn to trust and listen to the Lord, start with the right elements in our life and ministry and enjoy each day as the Lord gives it.

Categories: , , , ,

No comments: