Thursday, October 26, 2006

Reggie rocked my world

Reggie McNeal is not what I thought he was going to be. I have been to numerous conferences and heard tons of speakers with a ho hum response. Yesterday I was radically inspired and challenged. He recently wrote a book called Practicing Greatness and he touched on the 7 disciplines of extraordinary spiritual leaders. There were some great points that all leaders need to think about, struggle with and move ahead in. I particularly challenged with the discipline of Self Awareness and the discipline of belonging. Wow, so much was going on in my heart and mind.

Over lunch a group of us from around the world, outside of the U.S., got to have a private meeting with him. He touched on, a possible future book, the 3 shifts of the missional Church. It will:
1. Go from internal focus to external focus.
2. Go from being program driven to people development.
3. Go from church based leadership to apostolic based leadership.

That in itself could be about 50 blog entries.

In light of changing organizations to become more missional he made comments like:
"Cooperate with the Spirit. He is moving and will move. Don't try to fix or change the current systems and structures. Let the missional living and leadership become a pandemic to overwhelm the systems and structures."

That is where I want to live. I want to live on the fringes and jump on in leading a movement that is missional that blesses and transforms the world.

It is great getting to play with this. I'm glad I'm not just tossing around ideas but getting to flesh them out. More to come as we learn, make mistakes and see the Holy Spirit move.

We're staying up in Lost Antler Ranch owned by Tango Investments (Scott Beck) and it is knock out beautiful. Yesterday Matt Thiessen and I just sat out on the deck overlooking the valley, pond and how beautiful God is.

This morning though we woke up to 10 inches of snow. Isn't God just amazing!!

Categories: , , ,

1 comment:

Joe Cross said...

That's awesome bro. I can't wait to hear all about it!