Tuesday, October 24, 2006

From Mexico to Colorado


This past Sunday I left, not forever, Mexico City and my family for Colorado for a global leaders conference in Estes Park. It was great to be back in Colorado. I didn't say "it was great to be back "home"" as we really feel like Mexico is our new home. But all in all it was great to be back in Colorado and around some friends again.

Monday night I headed up to Estes Park for our annual local leaders conference in which I'm still part of but we're at a parallel Global Leaders Conference. This is one of my favorite places to be as some of my best , gospel breathing, life giving, understanding friends, Ethan, Matt, Joe, and Eric are there with me. I wish Christine could be here with me. She is doing a great job of being in Mexico with the kids. Amazing!

The first night we just talked about what is God doing in our lives. What a time for me to see Him working in others. That is such a great reminder of how is grace and mercy is working in me too. One thing I observed in my Colorado friends as they shared about their lives and ministries was the Spirit of God is moving. They couldn't always find out why or how. But it was evident that the Spirit was/is moving. Very cool.

Tuesday my good friend Ethan and Marta led us in a devotional. A great reminder of the Gospel. Oh, how I need the Gospel to lead me, change me, make me significant and grow me. Tuesday's highlight was going on a walk with Joe and Shawna and seeing God move in their lives, grow them, hearing about their kids and passions in life. Someday in the future we pray we will get to serve alongside each other in the same location. Joe and I spent the afternoon talking, sharing, and encouraging each other. God is good!

Today we're starting to hear from author Reggie McNeal, author of Practicing Greatness. Should be great.

Categories: ,

No comments: