Friday, April 07, 2006

Real Multiplication in Russia

For the past 4 or so years the CU ministry has been giving leadership, coaching and encouragement to a CCC ministry in Krasnodar, Russia. Currently there are 3 CU students serving there. Below is a recent note we received from Dave, one of the team members in Russia.

"Today I really want to write about one of the highlights of my ministry here: the men's Bible Study and the guys involved. Weekly Vova, Misha, Oleg and Sasha join me for a couple hours of fellowship and time in the word. At the beginning of the year I led the study but part way through the semester I challenged Vova to take a turn. He did such a phenomenal job that I asked him to lead it again. Eventually he completely took over and has even begun to disciple Misha and Oleg personally. He is a multiplying disciple with a heart for God and his word unlike any I have seen in other Russian students.

Then there's Misha and Oleg. Oleg came to the Lord last year and brought his friend, Misha, to Pulse at the beginning of this year. Misha became a believer shortly thereafter. Now they are so filled with the spirit and excited about who Christ is that they have begun Misha, Oleg and I at New Year's their own Seeker's Group. They invite friends from school and then they tell them about who God is. I went to this for the first time tonight and Oleg spoke on the Holy Spirit. There was a lot of questioning and the guys got stumped a few times when it came time to defending their faith but I was so proud of them. Afterwards I told Vova and Misha "Your answers weren't perfect but the fact that you have listened to God's call and are here in faith is exactly what God wants." They were so relieved. Every time I leave our Bible Study I can't help but thank the Lord for the work he has done through me and these guys. Thank you for praying for these guys and this group and me. I am indebted to you and your graciousness. Talk to you again soon!"
Yours for Krasnodar,
Dave Coats

This is what I pray for. This is what I mean when I talked about the power and transformation of Jesus in a person's life. This is the Holy Spirit moving in new believers.
Categories: ,

No comments: