Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Surviving as Mr. Mom

Yesterday Christine headed up to the mountains with all the staff women from our CCC region. So what does that mean? Spiritual rest and renewal for her and a new level of dependence on the Lord for me. Last night I barely made it. Too much going on and now I have three little ones looking to me like little chicks for food and sustenance. But God is good and His mercies are new every morning.

This morning was a fresh start as I got up early, 6 am, worked out, read a bit and then prepared the kids for a day at the zoo. You say, "What are you crazy? Three kids to the zoo with no mom to help." Oh yeah, they call me super dad. Well I also met 5 other super dads and 9 other kids for a day at the zoo. One woman asked, "Are all you guys stay at home dads?" I guess it looked funny with 6 men, so many kids, no women and on a work day.

Here is a shot of the group. For more shots and pictures from the last month check out Van Diest Photos


Categories: ,

3 comments:

Jessica Bott said...

Look at all of those fun Dad's! Good job guys!! Look at those cutest kiddos. I always think of the vaccum cleaner scene in Mr. Mom - Steve, do you guys still have Aspen? You must be doing a lot of that this week if so!

Tyler and Shannon Williams said...

That is a great shot! Is Kate the only girl in that photo!? Was Isa not able to make it to the zoo, or was she taking the picture?! Anyways, It's good to keep up with what's going on in your life! Were praying for you guys!

Steve Van Diest said...

My cute 2nd son, Benjamin, was blocking Isa in her stroller.