Sunday, September 04, 2005

She loves football!

Having a little girl is an exciting adventure. Let me share with you what has been happening.

If you didn't know, this past week was the opening week of NCAA football. I look forward to this time of year. I love the weather in Colorado, I love the beginning of the fall semester on campus and the experience of going to a Div I football game at Folsom Field is WOW!!! Yesterday was no different but now I have a little girl to join me.

Saturdays are always started with making the kids (really the boys) pancakes. Then I looked over and Isabela was ready for the CU vs. CSU game. She was wearing a cute little pink Colorado Buffalo shirt. She too was excited for opening day. She joined me for our tailgate party and cheered loudly. Unfortunately she didn't get to go to the game but when I pulled into the driveway afterward there she was hanging out in the front yard (still wearing her shirt, she had dirtied it yet), CU flag flowing from the porch and then with open arms and a huge smiled jumped up and down for me. That has to be one of the greatest experiences. CU wins with a 40+ field goal with 9 seconds to go and then I come home to my beautiful princess waiting for me.

The rest of the night I played Mr. Mom as Christine hung out with her dad. The boys were playing Bionicles, cards and cars and this is where the playtime dynamic changed. Before we could place Isabela on the carpet, leave and 30 minutes later she hadn't moved and inch. Oh well, that's over. Now the chaos begins. She learned to crawl and we're all in for a treat; Bionicles ripped apart, cards thrown all over the room and knick knacks knocked down. She has found new freedom and is loving it. Her brothers are now at least amused but I'm not sure how long that will last. Having these three kids at home, playing, loving each other, laughing, even fighting is life. They bring so much to a home and we are so grateful.

The day ended and Isa even watched some football on TV with me. She continues to grab my heart and fully knows that I am wrapped around her little finger. You know I'm already thinking about going to get her a little CU cheerleader outfit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.